Yes, yes, yes! I am aware that my health is under control, and I have learned from it. But I would love to be able to get a gin like that for this recipe.
I am so glad someone finally said it. What I meant was I get gin like this not so much for health purposes as for taste. I don’t drink gin very often, so I am surprised how often it comes in the door.
I think that it’s a shame that gin has been removed from the recipe this time. The reason is because it is a bit of a strange drink, so much so that I thought it was inappropriate for a recipe that would make use of it. But, it’s still a good drink, and it can be made with vodka for a good throat hit.
Its not good to be a gin addict. The gin I get from my local store is a horrible, horrible drink. It is a bitter, sickly, disgusting mess. It is something like a sweet tea made with vodka or rum and made in a machine. It is a drink that you have to drink over and over again in order to be able to get it down. It has a tendency, while you are trying to swallow it, to stick in your throat.
The reason gin is bad is that it’s basically a poison. It’s full of things that can be poisonous (like acetaldehyde, which is a chemical that can cause a form of liver cancer). It also is full of things that don’t taste good (like alcohol). So if you were to drink gin, you would likely have to drink it over and over again. That’s why gin is such a bad drink, at least in the context of the above descriptions.
I’m not going to lie, I like gin. I drink it everyday, but its not something I would choose to drink often. Its because Ive spent so much time in social situations where drinking is usually the norm. Most people dont think of drinking as a health issue, so it makes you feel as if you are just being weak and foolish.
The point of gin aside, gin is just gin. Its always been, and always will be. Its like wine, its just a different kind of alcohol. But it isnt “alcohol” per se, its just an alcohol. Im not saying that this is to be taken as fact, but im just saying that it makes sense.
I was reminded of this when I read an article about a few years ago about a guy who got caught drinking one of these super-concentrated, super-alcoholic things. His doctor took him to one of the best hospitals in the US, and he was given a prescription that was supposed to help him with his drinking problems. And the doctors said it was because he was over-consuming alcohol. But when he tried to stop drinking, he died of a heart attack.
I think if I had a son, I would want him to have the same type of drink.